In this essay, we’ll examine the fighting powers of two aggressive animals—the African wild dog and the Pitbull. Check out this exciting article on African Wild Dog Vs Pitbull Fight Comparison- Who Will Win?
We have to examine the features, abilities, and drawbacks of each to know detailed overview of their stamina.
African Wild Dog:
- Highly skilled fighter that is native to Africa.
- Their features are fast speed, stamina, and aggression, which makes them great hunters.
- Hunt in packs, which makes them even more formidable in a fight
- Highly intelligent and have excellent hearing and sense of smell, which allows them to track and hunt their prey with ease.
Characteristics of African Wild Dog
- Size: 30-40 inches tall, 44-60 lbs
- Coat: Multi-colored fur with large round ears
- Lifespan: 10-12 years
- Temperament: Social, highly active, intelligent, and good hunters
- Strengths: Speed, stamina, agility, and hunting skills
- Weaknesses: Lack of strength and bite force compared to other large dogs
- Pitbull popularly known as the Strong and Agile Fighter
- Popular dog breed that originated in the United States
- Muscular and powerful dogs that are known for their strength and agility
- Originally bred for bull-baiting and hence fought for entertainment.
- But these days commonly used as family pets, guard dogs, and in dogfighting.
Characteristics of Pitbull
- Size: 17-21 inches tall
- Coat: Short, smooth fur with various colors
- Lifespan: 12-16 years
- Temperament: Loyal, affectionate, protective, and aggressive
- Strengths: Strength, bite force, and agility
- Weaknesses: Prone to certain health issues, aggressive behavior if not trained and socialized properly
Pitbull vs African Wild dogs Comparison
Now that we have discussed the characteristics of both breeds let’s compare them to see who would win in a fight. Here is detailed Pitbull vs African wild dogs comparison below-
|African Wild Dog
|Height at Shoulder
|60 - 75 cm
|45 - 53 cm
|20 - 25 kg
|13 - 27 kg
|12 - 16 years
|N/A (domesticated breed)
|Pack animal, highly social
|Affectionate and loyal towards humans, but can be aggressive towards other dogs
|Cooperative hunting in packs, chasing down prey
|Not bred for hunting, but some individuals may have a prey drive
|Mainly small to medium-sized prey, such as antelopes and gazelles
|Commercial dog food, supplemented with meat and vegetables
|Mottled coat of black, white, and brown with large ears and bushy tail
|Short-haired coat that comes in a variety of colors and patterns
|N/A (domesticated breed)
|Black, white, brown
|Various colors and patterns
|Lions, hyenas, humans
|Predators of pitbulls are humans, other dogs, and wild animals in certain situations
Strength and Bite Force
- Pitbulls are muscular and powerful dogs that have been bred for fighting
- Pitbulls have a bite force of 235 PSI, which is much higher than the African Wild Dog’s bite force of 317 PSI.
Speed and Agility
- African Wild Dogs are incredibly fast and agile, which makes them difficult to catch.
- They have been known to reach speeds of up to 44 mph, which is much faster than Pitbulls.
- Pitbulls, on the other hand, are also fast and agile, but they cannot match the African Wild Dog’s speed and agility.
- African Wild Dogs are rich in social behavior and hunt in packs.
- African Wild Dogs work together take down their prey, which makes them excellent fighters.
- Pitbulls, on the other hand, were originally bred for bull-baiting and dogfighting.
- Pitbulls have a high prey drive and are more likely to fight on their own rather than in a group.
Overall, both the hunters have got the same powers so it is not certain who will win in a fight. They both have same strength and weakness. Fonally it all depends on their training, socialisation and temperament. But if comparison is dine on their physical structures and the style of fighting, African Dogs would take point. As they are more aggressive and fast. But the pitbull would have an advantage in terms of strength and force. Hence both are at the same place.
Are African Wild Dogs more dangerous than Pitbulls?
No, African Wild Dogs are not considered more dangerous than Pitbulls. They both have equal powers and hence considered equal.
Can African Wild Dogs be kept as pets?
African wild dogs needs a lot of space, social interaction and exercise and hence can not be kept as pet
How are pitbulls related with children?
Pitbulls can be good with children if tamed properly and socialised. But it really needs great supervision while interacting both to ensure children’s safety
Are Pitbulls banned in some countries?
Pitbulls are illegal in some countries such as United Kingdom and Australia. As number of cases have heard regarding their aggressive behavior.
Can dogs be trained to fight?
Yes, dogs can be trained to fight. However, dogfighting is illegal and inhumane, and those who participate in it can face severe legal consequences.
Both the African Wild Dog and the Pitbull are amazing breeds, each with its own set of qualities and characteristics. Dogfighting is unlawful and cruel, so even if you think you know who would win, you should stop doing it. Instead of focusing on dog fighting, we should recognize the differences between breeds and do everything we can to make sure all dogs are cared for humanely.